Frequently Asked Questions
Your Financial Investment
The Tuition fee is an all-inclusive fee which covers all curriculum costs including:
- Student Diary
- Student Device
- Annual College Magazine
- Parents & Friends Levy
- Compulsory day excursions
- All compulsory religious, sporting and cultural activities
- Capital & Building contributions
- The only levies to apply are Special Levies*, which cover additional costs that are specific to some electives and subjects (see below)
- Parents/Guardians/Carers are advised that for the current year all SPECIAL LEVIES will be applied to fee accounts in Term 2 (for Semester 1) and Term 3 (for Semester 2)
Middle School – Years – 7 to 9
Per Annum $5050
Senior School – Years 10*, 11* and 12*
Per Annum $5260
Special Levies apply to these year levels in the following electives/subjects.
|Subject / Elective||Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10||Year 11||Year 12|
|Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance||$340||$290|
|Certificate III in Fitness||$275|
|Certificate I in Hospitality||$290|
|Certificate II in Kitchen Operations||$250||$250|
|Health & Physical Education||$55||$55|
|Aquatics/Marine Studies Excursion||$100||$85|
It should be noted that the Special Levies for electives and subjects offered by St Brendan’s College are determined by reference to their respective Fee Schedule and an awareness of such Levies is important when considering education costs.
Boarding Fees (Years 7-12)
Full Time Boarding
Per Term $3323.75 Inc GST or
Per Annum $13295 Inc GST
Per Term $3123.75 Inc GST or
Per Annum $12495 Inc GST
- Download Fee Schedule 2019
- Download School Direct Debit Request
- Download Payment by Credit Card Request
A non-refundable fee of $100 is payable at the time of submitting enrolment application. This fee off-sets the cost of administration
Parents withdrawing their daughter from the College must inform the Principal, in writing, providing notice of a minimum One Term.
Tuition Fees and Boarding Fees (where applicable) of One Term are payable where an enrolment is cancelled, and the required notice is not provided.
Administration charges may also apply to the cancellation of an enrolment which occurs during the term.
Please note that participation in optional extra-curricular activities such as Cultural Tours, Instrumental Music Excursions and similar activities will not be allowed if fees are outstanding.
Unless you have made prior arrangements with our Finance staff, our payment terms require payment for each term’s fees (and other charges if applicable), by the third Friday following the beginning of that term.
Continuance of a students’ enrolment at the College cannot be guaranteed if fees and charges remain outstanding or a payment plan has not been negotiated with the Business Manager.
Discount for students at Catholic Schools – For those families where more than one student is in attendance at a Catholic school within the Rockhampton Diocese. A discount is offered on the Tuition Fee (not boarding fee or special levies) based on the number of students in the family attending a Catholic school.
The discount will apply to each student enrolled at St Ursula’s College.
The percentage discount will increase with the more children you have in Catholic schools. Please refer to the table below showing the discount percentage amount per student.
|Students in Catholic Schools||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Discount % per student at STU||0%||10%||15%||20%||30%||40%|
Discount for fees paid in advance
A discount is available where the annual Tuition Fee is paid in full and received at the College, by the 3rd Friday of Term 1. The amount of discount is subject to review each year. For the current year the discount is 10%.
Please note that there is no discount on Boarding fees paid in advance.
Building Fund Donation
100% tax-deductible donations of any amount may be made to the College Building Fund. Receipts will be issued upon request.
Concessions will be considered where applicants demonstrate a genuine need exists due to financial circumstances. Applications are to be submitted on the relevant form to the Business Manager and will be treated confidentially.
State Government Programs
- Text Book Allowance – this is included in the calculation of Fees and will be paid directly to the College.
- Non-Government Schools Transport Assistance – application forms are available twice per year (April & October) and can be completed online at http://www.qcec.qld.catholic.edu.au/.
- Living Away from Home Allowance – please contact Education Queensland to establish your eligibility
- Remote Area Tuition Allowance– to help with the payment of Tuition Fees (paid directly to the school);
- Remote Area Travel Allowance – for students who meet the residential distance eligibility criteria, assistance is available to offset travelling expenses, provided the distance travelled from home to the Boarding location is at least 50 km.
Telephone: 1800 248 997 or visit www.education.qld.gov.au
Commonwealth Government Programs
Subject to eligibility criteria, the following assistance may be available from www.centrelink.gov.au
- Assistance for Isolated Children (AIC) (Telephone: 132 318),
- Youth Allowance (Telephone: 132 490), or
- ABSTUDY (Telephone: 132 317)
Scholarships are available each year for prospective students wishing to enrol in Years 7 and 10 at the College. Applications for Scholarships close in July each year; successful applicants are notified via mail, and commence at St Ursula’s College in the following school year.
Specific Academic/Boarding/Sporting/Cultural scholarships are awarded to successful students currently enrolled at St Ursula’s College, who demonstrate extraordinary effort and achievement in one or more of these areas. Scholarships are subject to availability of funds, and are made possible due to the generous donations from Past Students, and the Presentation Sisters.
Scholarship applications for the 2020 school year have closed. Follow us on social media for Scholarship openings.